2019 LUNESDALE OPEN NEWAZA CHAMPIONSHIPS
Minors, Pre-Cadets, Cadets, Juniors, Seniors & Veterans
BJA Level 3 Weight Category Event
|Organisation:||Craven Judo Academy, Settle Primary School, Bond Lane, Settle, BD24 9BW
Tel: +44 7804819203 E-mail: Danny@cravenjudo.co.uk Website: www.cravenjudo.co.uk
|Venue:||Lunesdale Sports Centre, Kendal Road, Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria, LA6 2HJ|
|Date:||Saturday 17th August 2019 11am Start.|
|Participation:||This event is open to all players aged 8 years of age and above meaning it’s great for the whole of your club!All participants must hold a valid British Judo Association or affiliate organisation license and must bring proof of this to the registration and weigh-in.
Entry numbers will be limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
|Basic Rules:||This is a Judo Ne-waza competition; a minimum of one knee (or equivalent) must remain on the tatami at all times. If a technique requires momentary simultaneous removal of both knees from the tatami onto both feet, then it is left to the referee’s discretion to determine if in his/her opinion this is a legitimate removal of both knees from the tatami.1. When their names are announced the contestants will Rei onto the mat.
2. When the referee beckons them forward, they will walk to the middle of the side edge of mat and Tachi-rei (standing bow) to each other.
3. When the referee is sure the table officials are ready, s/he will beckon the competitors to middle of mat, when they are 1 metre apart, they will kneel and Za-rei (kneeling bow) to each other.
4. They will then kneel in the up position and raise the other leg with foot flat. (ie kneeling on one knee).
5. On the command of Hajime, the contest will start – they have 15 secs to take hold and attempt to take control.
6. If competitors become locked together with no one appearing to be able to gain an advantage then Matte should be called. The competitors are brought back to the centre of the mat.
7. Osaekomi, 20 Secs Ippon, 10 Secs Waza-ari.
8. Shimewaza (Strangles) & Kansetsuwaza (Arm Locks) are allowed.
9. Upon Termination of fight either by the referee’s call of Ippon, and/or Sore-made both competitors will stand and tidy themselves up and return to their kneeling start positions.
10. The Referee will indicate the winner as shown by the scores on the scoreboard. (If no score is shown on the scoreboard or if the scores are equal then the referee must award Hantai based on his/her view of attacking spirit).
11. Both the judoka will perform a Za-rei.
12. Both the judoka will stand then back off to the edge of the mat area and both perform a Tachi-rei before leaving the tatami, winner gives name to the table official.
|Categories:||This tournament is for men and women aged 14 years and above. Senior Male Beginners: Novice to Orange Belt – u66kg, u73kg, u81kg, u90kg, u100kg, +100kg
Senior Female Beginners: Novice to Orange Belt – u52kg, u57kg, u63k, u70kg, +70kg
Senior Male Intermediates: Green to Brown Belts – u66kg, u73kg, u81kg, u90kg, u100kg, +100kg
Senior Female Intermediates: Green to Brown Belts – u52kg, u57kg, u63k, u70kg, +70kg
Senior Male Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u66kg, u73kg, u81kg, u90kg, u100kg, +100kg
Senior Female Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u52kg, u57kg, u63k, u70kg, +70kg
Veteran Male 35-44 yrs Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u66kg, u73kg, u81kg, u90kg, u100kg, +100kg
Veteran Female 35-44 yrs Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u52kg, u57kg, u63k, u70kg, +70kg
Veteran Male 45 yrs + Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u66kg, u73kg, u81kg, u90kg, u100kg, +100kg
Veteran Female 45 yrs + Open Grade: No Grade Restriction – u52kg, u57kg, u63k, u70kg, +70kg
As tournament organiser and with the agreement of the players & their coaches we reserve the right to combine the categories where necessary to provide our participants with meaningful contests.
This tournament aims to provide players with as much mat time as possible allowing them to gain more experience of competitive judo. 1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal & 2 Bronze Medals will be awarded in all categories.
|How to Enter:||To submit your entry for the 2019 Lunesdale Open Newaza Judo Championships, please visit www.judofest.co.ukTo enter just this event the single Entry Fee for this event is £20.00. Alternatively you can enter more than one event at judofest for £50. These entry fees are applicable for all entries posted & paid for through our website on or before Friday 9th August 2019.
Please note in order for our event to run efficiently we would like your entries to come in nice and early. To encourage you to do this, we have a late entry policy whereby the entry fee will increase.
Our Late Entry Fee for a single event is £25.00 & for multiple events is £60. These late entry fees apply to all entries posted through website on or after Saturday 10th August 2019.
We will accept entries on the day of the event of which our late entry fee will apply but payments must be made in cash.
We will only stop taking entries for this event if it becomes oversubscribed. If over-subscription occurs we will post a notice on our website www.cravenjudo.co.uk
|Weigh in:||Players can weigh in Friday Night 6pm-10pm for the Northern Powerhouse Team Tournament / Lunesdale Open Newaza Championships, this weigh in will also be used for the Craven Open Judo Championships & North West Area Dan Grading if you’re also competing in either of these events. If you only plan to come for the Craven Open Judo Championships / North West Area Dan Grading, the weigh in for these events is Saturday from 5pm-7pm.
All competitors MUST bring their VALID judo licence (BJA or affiliate) to registration and also their record book showing that they are at the grade in which they entered.
Male players will be weighed in Judogi pants with 0.5kg allowance.
Female players will be weighed in Judogi pants & t-shirt with 0.6kg allowance.
|Thanks for your support:||We will again be running a cafe on the day which ran by Craven Judo Academy volunteers to help increase funds for our club to help improve the experience of our members and continue to develop the sport of judo in the Craven District. We would again appreciate your support by spending your money at our cafe rather than bringing food / drink with you.|
|Coaching:||Coaches will be allowed mat side throughout the day with a valid coaching pass.|
|Venue Directions:||Use the street name ‘Kendal Road’ Kirkby Lonsdale in your SatNav to find the venue. The venue – Lunesdale Sports Centre, is behind the Queen Elizabeth School Astroturf at which you can park alongside.|
|Camping:||We have a private campsite available 20 minutes from the venue for JudoFest Participants from £15 per pitch per night. Book your camping pitch on our website: www.judofest.co.uk|